he Basque Institute of Competitiveness invites applications for a position as a Researcher in the Department of Entrepreneurship in San Sebastián (Basque Country-Spain).
The research fields prioritized by the Entrepreneurship Department are:
- Business demography and regional entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- High growth entrepreneurship: Innovation and internationalization of start-up companies.
- Intrapreneurship/corporate entrepreneurship (spin-offs).
- Financing of early-stage firms
The successful candidate will join the Entrepreneurship Department as a full-time researcher to study the relationship and impact of entrepreneurial activity on regional development. The candidate will be:
- Will be under the supervision of the Department Director, carrying out activities in (1) research, (2) interaction with local social and economic agents, and (3) teaching
- Will get involved in international, national and local networks/projects
- Will also collaborate with researchers from the Institute’s other departments (i.e., territory/innovation/cluster, business strategy and energy departments)
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree, should have access to networks of excellence, and must be fluent in English, preferably with (at least) basic/intermediate knowledge of Spanish.
Remuneration will be based on the candidate’s merits and experience. Expected incorporation to the Institute: spring 2012.
Candidates should apply via email to “recruitment.orkestradeusto.es”, including the following information:
- C.V. (with list of publications)
- Copy of 3 recent articles
- Description of current areas of research
- Description of preferred subjects for Post-graduate teaching
- Three letters of recommendation from academics (including contact info)
Application deadline: January 31st, 2012
More information about Orkestra’s activities can be found at our website: www.orkestra.deusto.es:http://www.orkestra.deusto.es