Sandia National Laboratories is searching for an Electrical Engineer for the Customer Operations South Department for the Albuquerque, NM facility.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Security Clearance.
The Customer Operations South Department is responsible for buildings in the southwest, all SNL-NM remote buildings, leases and Kauai. Our role is to keep the buildings and associated systems in a condition fit for mission use and to facilitate modifications in support of future mission work. We strive to partner with mission customers so that facilities meet the capability, reliability, flexibility and cost needs of the missions.
Actively participate in O&M Strategy, Condition Assessments, Energy Management and Building Designs to ensure efficient and reliable operations.
Monitor systems performance, and perform system analysis, including fault current analysis, coordination studies and arc flash calculations.
Establish, gather data, manage and periodically report on building design basis, condition assessment and equipment obsolescence for electrical systems.
Create and manage opportunity project requests to address identified deficiencies, or improvement opportunities.
Perform energy savings studies and create project proposals with payback analysis.
Consult with Architectural/Engineering (A/E) partners on system capacities & design basis and maintain as-builds. Assist in Evaluating A/E partners.
Assist in coordinating and scheduling outages.
Perform minor designs in support of customer requests.
Assist in developing and analyzing design options and alternatives.
Assist in daily operations of buildings.
Provide technical expertise and analysis in support of predictive and corrective maintenance efforts.
Opportunities exist to obtain training and serve as the SME for assigned specialty systems along with developing and managing standards associated with those systems.
Help establish training requirements, job plans, goals, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline plus 5 or more years of experience; or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, or relevant discipline plus 2 or more years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience required in the following:
- Experience or interest in reading, interpreting and working with construction plans, specifications, shop drawings and submittals.
- Experience or interest with 120/208V and 480/277V distribution systems, including familiarity with coordination studies, and fault current calculations.
- Current, active DOE security clearance.
- New Mexico Professional Engineers License.
- Project Management Professional Certification or experience.
- Knowledge, training, and experience in one or more predictive maintenance technologies.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking along with the ability to formulate those thoughts into tangible projects or efforts.
- Experience with Codes and Standards (IBC, NFPA 70, 70E, IEEE relevant standards, etc.).
- Experience with relevant Software (SKM short circuit analysis, Easy Power load flow analysis, Arcflash calculations, Maximo work control or other relevant software).
To learn more about this position and to apply online, please visit us at http://www.sandia.gov/careers/search-openings.html, click Advanced Search and reference Job Opening ID Number: 641297.
U.S. Citizenship Normally Required. Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.