We are searching for a Software Applications Engineer for the Workforce Management Systems (WMS) Department for the Albuquerque, NM facility. Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Security Clearance.
The Workforce Management Systems (WMS) Department delivers system solutions for Sandia Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Pension, Training and Medical organizations. The WMS department is an integrated team of information technology professionals focused on developing quality information solutions to enable Sandia's business processes and operations. This department works in close partnership with the other Business Intelligence departments, as well as with the functional business areas in Human Resources, Finance, Corporate Learning and Professional Development and Medical. In addition to leading and maintaining the large Enterprise applications, such as PeopleSoft and TEDS, the team supports a variety of customer focused software applications and provides COTS integration and web-based services.
This opening is for a senior member of the Workforce Management Systems team, providing experience, knowledge and leadership to the enterprise-wide implementation and ongoing maintenance of the COTS (Commercial off the self) Allscripts Enterprise EHR and Allscripts Enterprise Practice Management, and associated COTS and/or custom applications.
Also designs, develops, tests, documents, and analyzes enter software applications. Assignments include developing new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
Primary Job Duties
- Develops new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Works with customers in defining and negotiating requirements.
- Documents work and results.
- Develops or executes project plans, budgets, and schedules.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with Physicians and Physician Office Staff.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Advanced knowledge of techniques and tools that support applications, including software development methodologies, database design methodologies, programming languages, source code control for release management, and disaster recovery methodologies.
- Ability to work with multiple hardware and operating systems, including system architectures and network infrastructures.
- Ability to keep up with the latest technologies and tools to support Web-based development.
- Knowledge and experience in testing methodologies, including the ability to troubleshoot and identify solutions for issues.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and interact with diverse customers understanding the business domain.
- Ability to develop innovative long-term solutions that are easy to use, integrate with other applications, and are straightforward to maintain.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, often under strict deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or relevant discipline (with a minimum GPA of 3.2) plus experience in the following:
- Software development experience working with healthcare information systems.
- Software development experience with Allscripts (Allscripts Enterprise 11.2 or above).
- Structured Query Language and MS SQL Server databases.
- Master's degree with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- More than 2 years of software development experience working with healthcare information systems.
- More than 2 years of demonstrated software development experience with Allscripts Enterprise 11.2 or above.
- 2 to 3 years of experience using Structured Query Language and MS SQL Server databases.
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as SCRUM and/or the Rational Unified Process (RUP) or other software development life cycle methodologies.
- Familiarity with CMMI.
- More than 2 years of experience working with vendors, consultants, etc. for problem resolution and request activities.
- More than 2 years of experience working with or writing data extracts, data conversions, interfaces, in particular Allscripts Enterprise EHR.
- More than 2 years of experience with ConnectR, IDX/GE Web Framework, HL7, Allscripts Touchworks PM.
- More than 2 years of software development experience in other languages (e.g., Java, .NET, ColdFusion, etc.).
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Please apply online at http://www.sandia.gov/careers/search-openings.h tml, click Search for Openings, and reference Job ID Number: 641061.
U.S. Citizenship Normally Required. Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.