CREATE-NET (Center for REsearch And Telecommunication Experimentation for NETworked communities) is seeking a senior Technical Leader and Project Manager in the area of Intelligent Transportation Systems and Sustainable Mobility. Ideal candidates should have a background in ICT (Information & Communication Technologies) and a very good understanding plus significant experience in the Transport sector/market, or vice versa. The candidate should present a successful record in managing projects in the aforementioned areas, to identify and to develop relevant business opportunities. This senior profile will report to the Director of Research Application Areas for Innovation.
Job responsibilities include:
• Providing technical leadership in the areas of Intelligent Transportation Systems and Sustainable Mobility;
• Project management and technical contributions to relevant project initiatives (e.g. SUPERHUB project);
• Support to fund-raising activities (e.g. FP7 projects development);
• Outreach to relevant industries in order to help technology transfer and create new business opportunities;
• Interaction with local partners (e.g. research organizations/SMEs) and the Autonomous Province of Trento.
Successful candidates should have a very good understanding of the business and technical challenges associated with the emergent areas of Intelligent Transportation Systems, plus the ability to translate them into ICT requirements/solutions. The current scope of activities at CREATE-NET includes the following topics:
• Platforms for smart multi-modal urban mobility citizens;
• Mining and analytics of real-time location information (with application to traffic estimation etc.) ;
• Persuasive interfaces for mobility services;
• Smart & environmentally sustainable mobility
The following requirements should be satisfied for the position under consideration:
- Educational background –at least at the M.Sc. level or equivalent– in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science or, alternatively, in the Transport sectors;
- Minimum 5-year work experience, of which at least 3 years in Transport-related sectors;
The following organizational skills are requested for this position:
- Significant project management experience, with proven skills in strategic planning, and financial responsibility;
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects;
- Record of successful working relationships with internal/external collaborators, industrial partners, legislators, and funding institutions, and aptitude for building collaborations and partnerships;
- Autonomous thinking, decision making and problem solving skills;
- Prioritization, time management skills and capability to adapt to dynamic environments.
Languages Excellent command of the English language is essential; good knowledge of the Italian language is considered as a plus.
Full/Part Time Fulltime
Salary This position offers a competitive remuneration, with salary and rank contingent upon qualifications and professional accomplishments.