Hezel Associates (www.hezel.com), a Syracuse-based research and evaluation firm with 25 years of experience serving education, is looking for a Senior Research Analyst or Research Associate. The position involves conducting and managing tasks related to applied research and program evaluation projects using both quantitative and qualitative methods, under the supervision of the Director of Research and Evaluation. The successful candidate will also work directly with clients and funders in state agencies, schools/districts, innovation and content development areas, foundations, and universities.
· Serve in the role of Project Leader, to manage day-to-day operations of selected projects, including task-level planning, timelines, and team members’ completion of work.
· Participate in business development by independently completing and/or spearheading proposal development and new client nurturing activities.
· Review the work of, and provides technical coaching to, less senior staff.
· Collaborate with research staff to design and develop questionnaires, instruments, and databases for data collection.
· Exercise initiative and lead the preparation and review of project reports and findings. Contribute to processes to assure the integrity and quality of research activities and deliverables.
· Master’s or Doctoral degree in a related area, plus at least 3 years of related experience. The final position offered will depend on the qualified candidate’s specific education and experience.
· Ability to travel for field research and business development activities.
· Proven technical expertise in conducting research through analysis and interpretation.
· Proven experience in business development, client relationship management.
· Proven experience in project management and supervision of staff.
Hezel Associates’ principal office is located in Syracuse, New York and the successful candidate will be expected to work in that location. Travel may be required as candidate will represent Hezel Associates in conference presentations, client meetings, and other meetings outside of Central New York. This position carries a competitive salary and benefits package.