Job ID: 2012-4759
Campus: Einstein/Resnick - Bronx
Employee Classification: 1199 Union
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation, and proud home to more than 3,000 faculty and staff, 750 medical students and 350 PhD students, including 125 students in the combined MD/PhD programs. As a longstanding national leader in biomedical research, Einstein has 300+ research laboratories and has been awarded more than $199 million in funding from the National Institutes of Health. Einstein offers challenging, exciting, and rewarding careers for highly talented individuals who are dedicated to advancing pioneering educational and research initiatives. We pride ourselves in our humanitarian mission of serving the community and promoting an academic and working culture that is both supportive and collaborative. At Einstein, science is truly at the heart of medicine.
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education and psychology. Since welcoming our first class in 1955, Einstein has been an integral part of Yeshiva University, an institution that offers rewarding and challenging employment opportunities to qualified candidates in a wide range of disciplines.
The University offers an excellent compensation package and a broad range of employee benefit plans. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
The Surgery Department is seeking a Research Technician A to support research focused on endothelial cell biology and tumor micro-environment. The Technician will conduct laboratory experiments supporting the research of instructors, assistant professors or other members of the laboratory.
Duties will include:
- help to design and executing experiments
- maintain a laboratory notebook
- assist in the preparation and submission of grants and manuscripts
- attend laboratory conferences, journal clubs and other educational activities
- High school graduate plus one year of technical school or AAS or equivalent skills and experience are required
- Previous experience in laboratory techniques including molecular biology and animal experiments preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Organizational skills and competency with a word processing, spreadsheet and statistical programs is desirable
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.