A public policy think tank based in Lagos, Nigeria with a mission “to ensure that government action fosters growth, economic well-being, and freedom and individual responsibility” seeks to recruit exceptional persons as research associates in the areas of qualitative analysis, economics, public policy, communications and fundraising.
The ideal candidate would have trained up to post graduate level with a strong academic background (at least a Masters Degree) in economics, mathematics, statistics, law or any related discipline and will match the following profile:
- · Aged between 25 and 35 years
- · Excellent written) and verbal communication skills
- · Experience of research conducted and published documents
- · Outstanding analytical, research and problem solving skills
- · Ability to deliver results in different environments (especially in a developing world context)
- · Ability to work both independently and in a team
- · Leadership and track record of delivery
- · Excellent project and stakeholder management skills
- · Ability to use statistical packages (such as SPSS) will be an added advantage.
If you like the challenge of cutting though conventional thinking and working on complex development problems then our organisation is interested in you. We will in turn offer each candidate a stimulating and challenging work environment, a possibility to participate in frontier research, opportunities for world class, international training and an attractive salary package.
Selected candidates will ideally be expected to resume the post as soon as the recruitment process has been concluded. The position will start with a three year contract with the option of renewal depending on performance.Expression of interest in form of a cover letter accompanied by a one-page CV should be sent electronically to careerscpparesearch.org with “Research Associate Recruitment” in the subject.