Responsible for providing stakeholders research consultation, implementation, backend analytics and interpretation of findings to make recommendations that meet advertiser and company objectives for both print and new media (digital/e-commerce) offerings.
1. Provides research consultation to support direct mail and new media consumer programs.
2. Utilizes knowledge and direct marketing experience to design and formulate research related presentations, proposals and recommendations.
3. Coordinates and manages analytical and processing instructions for advertisers and corporate research projects.
4. Provides full service consultation and research-based support to all sales channels, sales support and stakeholders.
5. Acquires basic knowledge of database management including third party and syndicated supplied data.
6. As needed, performs custom research and provides related analytical and statistical support.
7. Partners with functional area leaders to develop and implement print and new media product test plans.
8. Monitors and analyzes online and other platform site activities and performance measurements such as traffic and enrollment.
9. Presents findings in formal settings to sales staff, management and advertisers.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge & Skills:
Working knowledge of statistical modeling and tools, including SAS or SPSS software
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong presentation skills
High degree of comfort with mathematical analyses
Ability to interface with sales channels, advertisers and all levels of management
Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Access
Master's degree in Marketing, Management, Statistics, Quantitative Methods or other related field or Bachelor's degree with a minimum of five years experience in a related field. Minimum three years of research experience required, preferably in direct marketing or media environment. Knowledge of major suppliers of third party and syndicated data preferred (e.g., Arbitron|Scarborough, Nielsen Claritas, Experian Simmons, MRI, Omniture, WebTrends, comScore).