Sandia National Laboratories is searching for a Postdoctoral Researcher for the Bioenergy and Defense Technology Department for the Albuquerque, NM facility.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Security Clearance.
The Bioenergy and Defense Technology Department carries out cutting edge biological research with a focus on developing next generation solutions for mitigating biological threats and developing biologically based alternative energy sources.
The select candidate will join a multidisciplinary team to support multiple projects in the fundamental and applied biology of host-pathogen interactions. Projects employ advanced imaging methods to monitor fusion of enveloped viruses with host cells and to determine spatial-temporal dynamics during immune response, including relationships between virus and host cells and protein-protein interactions involved in innate immunity. Successful candidates will be working at the interface of biology with physics, engineering, or chemistry and have a background in live cell fluorescence microscopy including one or more of the following: confocal, TIRF, single molecule, super-resolution, and/or spectral imaging methods.
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences or related fields, with strong academic record of success
- Live cell fluorescence microscopy, including confocal, TIRF, single molecule, super-resolution, and/or spectral imaging
- Image analysis expertise (Metamorph, ImageJ, Matlab Imaging Processing Toolbox, ImagePro Plus, etc.)
- Experience with multidisciplinary teams
- Self-motivated, independent worker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong publication record
- Basic cell culture experience
- Biological laboratory experience
- Optics design, optical alignment
- Matlab familiarity
- Matlab, C, or C++ programming skills
- Instrument design
To learn more about this position and to apply online, please visit us at http://www.sandia.gov/careers/search-openings.html, click Advanced Search and reference Job Opening ID Number: 641283.
U.S. Citizenship Normally Required. Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.