The post holder will be required to carry out research for the INTRADE (Intelligent Transportation for the Dynamic Environment) InterReg IVB Project and collaborate with Dublin Port Company and other European Project Partners in the delivery of specific work packages and tasks in relation to space optimisation.
Key Duties (but not limited to):
• To deliver on work packages and tasks in relation to “space optimisation” for the “INTRADE” InterReg IVB Programme and related tasks assigned to DIT.
• To record, analyse and report results of the research;
• To prepare and present findings of research activity to other European INTRADE Partners and Dublin Port Company.
• To contribute to the drafting and submitting of relevant progress reports to the project coordinator based in Polytechnique de Lille, France.
• To contribute to the overall activities of the research team.
• To work independently on an assigned research tasks in relation to space optimisation;
• As duties and responsibilities change, the postholder will carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager;
• The postholder will actively follow all DIT policies and regulations, and maintain an awareness and observation of Research Ethics, and Health and Safety Regulations.
S/he will normally be based in the Department of Transport Engineering, DIT Bolton Street and will be integrated into the activities of their College/School within DIT.