eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to people’s lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
We’re looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. We’re the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That’s 271 marriages per day.*
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. In 2011 were named #23 on the list of Business Insiders’ 100 World’s Most Valuable Start-Ups. We have more than 33 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil and Japan and through our affiliation with eDarling, have a presence in 11 countries throughout continental Europe. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
The Project Coordinator will assist in the execution of research studies to support research and development data collection in eHarmony Labs.
Overview of Duties:
Responsibilities include data entry, conducting literature reviews, setting up online experiments in accordance with the experimental design, recruiting and screening participants, executing data collection activities, coding and verifying data, performing basic statistical analyses, determining the validity of experimental data obtained and other duties that support the research staff and studies therein.
Tasks (not in order of importance):
- Perform library/online research and assist in the review of literature for a wide range of topics in social, personality, and clinical psychology, as well as any related literatures (e.g., anthropology, sociology, public health).
- Assist in data collection in the eHarmony physical lab space and eHarmony virtual lab space including study documentation, preparation, session preparation, using equipment for data collection; coding data (video, online, etc), data entry, data verification.
- Recruit, schedule, and consent participants for various studies. Maintain a panel of eligible participants for eHarmony physical lab studies including continual tracking of panel in appropriate data base format.
- Assist in daily operations of eHarmony physical lab space (e.g., ordering necessary supplies, organizing speaker schedules, and tracking lab correspondence).
- Implement research protocols, collect data for in-lab studies and on-line questionnaires.
- Organize and prepare data for statistical analysis in SPSS or appropriate statistical software (e.g., HLM, AMOS), perform basic descriptive computations in SPSS (means, standard deviations), prepare charts, graphs, and illustrations to facilitate interpretation of statistical results.
- Any additional support necessary for research study completion or research presentation Required Skills
- Ability to construct and manage a data-base in excel, access, or other data-base platform.
- Experience working with several Office applications such as Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Experience with statistical analysis program (SPSS).
- Excellent organizational, decision-making, interpersonal and written communication skills, and independent problem solving skills. Must be able to handle high pressure situations calmly and independently.
- Excellent interpersonal phone skills
- Must be available in evenings and weekends.
- Highly detail oriented Preferred Skills
- Experience in a clinical or counseling setting interviewing clients.
- A Bachelor’s degree in psychology with research related experience.
- Experience coding behavior from videotapes.
- Experience using digital audio-video equipment.
- Some experience using WordPress to make website updates and modifications is a plus
Please apply online at http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=oozdWfwQ&s=TopResearchJobs