Job ID: 2012-4930
Campus: Einstein/Resnick - Bronx
Employee Classification: Exempt
Department: Medicine - Nephrology
Position Type: Regular Full- Time
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University (Einstein) is one of the nations premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation, and proud home to more than 3,000 faculty and staff, 750 medical students and 350 PhD students, including 125 students in the combined MD/PhD programs. As a longstanding national leader in biomedical research, Einstein has 300+ research laboratories and has been awarded more than $199 million in funding from the National Institutes of Health. Einstein offers challenging, exciting, and rewarding careers for highly talented individuals who are dedicated to advancing pioneering educational and research initiatives. We pride ourselves in our humanitarian mission of serving the community and promoting an academic and working culture that is both supportive and collaborative. At Einstein, science is truly at the heart of medicine.
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education and psychology. Since welcoming our first class in 1955, Einstein has been an integral part of Yeshiva University, an institution that offers rewarding and challenging employment opportunities to qualified candidates in a wide range ofdisciplines.
The University offers an excellent compensation package and a broad range of employee benefit plans. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
The Study Coordinator position is within the Division of Nephrology, with a primary assignment to a randomized trial of sodium bicarbonate in patients with kidney disease receiving hemodialysis. The position will provide extensive exposure to clinical care and frequent interactions with patients. There will also be opportunities to perform statistical analyses, to gain insight into the social and psychological aspects of chronic disease, to develop an integrated view of physiology with the practice of medicine, and to participate in other research studies.
Duties will include:
Recruit patients from nephrology clinics and dialysis centers
Manage research project activities ensuring the quality and integrity of data collection
Assist Principle Investigator with development activities for the study
Manage professional and support staff, reviewing work to ensure the study protocol is followed as written and approved by the institutions IRB
Experience and Educational Background:
- Bachelor's Degree and 1-2 years of related experience is required
- Proven knowledge of Stata, SAS or other statistical software and the ability to perform data analysis strongly preferred
Skills and Competencies:
- Speaks clearly and expresses self well in one-on-one conversations and groups
- Develops effective written communications and uses them appropriately
- Interacts and proactively shares information with internal and external contacts where appropriate
- Develops effective relationships with peers, students and employees
- Assumes responsibility to ensure issues/concerns will be addressed and monitors them through conclusion
- Identifies, defines and analyzes information and situations before recommending a course of action
- Effectively manages own time and resources
- Seeks to apply technology and innovation to improve efficiency and solve problems
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.