GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Department Head or designee, the Academic Administrator I is responsible for the administration of the financial, operational, and general business functions of a large unit.
- Assist in determining space and facility needs for the unit faculty
- Advise faculty and staff on compensation and benefit policies and procedures
- Insure all personal action activity related to hiring, firing, contracting, and funding are completed
- Provide assistance to faculty for the pre and post award activity relating to grant management
- Develop and manage the division’s annual budget and report variances and recommend corrective action. Provide forecasts as needed
- Manage division funding sources by monitoring revenue and expenditure activity
- Adhere to University, State, and funding agency regulations
- Responsible for the division’s indirect cost, time, and effort reporting
- Represent the department at administrative meetings within and outside of the Medical School
- Serve on Institutional committees established to improve school operations and system implementations
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4 years of related experience
- Prior supervisory experience required