We are looking to hire an organized and motivated Research Coordinator to join Dr. Michelle Trivedi’s lab on a new R01 funded, community-based pediatric asthma clinical trial that will last 5+ years.
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI) or designee, the Clinical Research Coordinator I is responsible for independently performing delegated tasks and procedures involving human subject research. This work includes coordination of regulatory activities and aspects of collection and management of data for research protocols related to treatment, ancillary services, and prevention practices. This coordinator will lead and conduct recruitment of children and families into the clinical trial at specific pediatric practice sites and will conduct phone-based study assessments for this pediatric asthma clinical trial. This coordinator will also interact with pediatric practices, school staff and families in the community.
The candidate will be joining a close-knit research team who is committed to rigorous science with a passion for child health equity and community-based work that improves child health outcomes, particularly among underserved children and families.
The PI seeks candidates who are enthusiastic about a career in research and is committed to helping them towards promotion or advancement in their career.
– Obtain consent of research participants in accordance with the IRB approved protocols and all applicable regulations including HIPAA
– Identify, schedule and/or conduct participant study visits, interviews, and tests
– Coordinate participant remuneration/compensation per protocol
– Maintain all regulatory documentation, including local or central IRB and study data. Provide data/support to study Investigators, sponsors and/or external monitors/auditors
– Identify issues with protocol compliance. Keep principal investigator and manager aware of any issues regarding compliance
– Document and collect data and/or samples for research related procedures performed during participant study visits.
– Ensure clinicians and/or PI accurately document their study activities according to protocol
– Track and maintain study enrollment and completion of milestones
– Assist with financial /operational aspects of grant and contracts. May be responsible for clinical research billing review within the required timeframe.
– Track and maintain study related information in the data management system within the required timeframe
– Responsible for monitoring the inventory of research related supplies
– Participate in grant preparation, manuscript writing, data presentations and Institutional Review Board (IRB) processes
– Provide detailed written summaries from literature searches and related sources to serve as a resource for the study team and clinicians/PIs
– Present study status reports related to assigned research projects
– Participate in the design, development, and documentation of study related data and collection tools, (e.g. questionnaires, treatment data and/or therapeutic checklists)
– Maintain strict adherence to all study protocols, including all regulatory requirements adhering to appropriate federal, local and institutional guidelines.
– Comply with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position
– Adhere with established policies, health and safety regulations and requirements, procedures, and department objectives
– Adhere to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and all human subject protection practices
– Must practice discretion and adhere to school and hospital confidentiality at all times
– Perform other duties as required.
– Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or health related field, or equivalent experience
– 0-1 year of related experience
– Ability to travel off site locations
– Spanish language skills will be a huge advantage and we strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minority backgrounds to apply
– Excellent organization and interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with pediatric practices, school staff, and families in the community.
– Experience in using computer-based tools (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
– Oral and written communication skills
– Excellent organization, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/V8gmyDikemPbEhwNEU42aG