Students in the NIEHS Scholars Connect Program (NSCP) have an opportunity for hands-on mentored research experiences, as well as professional and personal development. NSCP is committed to encouraging students to pursue careers in scientific investigation, both basic and clinical. Scientists at NIEHS are committed to sharing with students and educators the intensity, excitement, sense of discipline, and tremendous satisfaction that careers in science can impart to those who pursue them.
Apply now at: zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/NIH-NIEHS-SCP-2022
What will I be doing?
With the help of your mentors, you will define a project, construct and test the hypothesis, analyze the results, draw conclusions, and to present findings at the end of every connection. You will also participate in professional and career development opportunity seminars.
Why should I apply?
As a Scholar, you will be a part of research teams striving to accomplish NIEHS research mission in areas related to human health and the environment. NSCP is dedicated to providing training in biomedical research so that you can apply your knowledge outside the classroom and gain career-changing experiences.
Summer Connection full-time 40 hours a week: Juniors $2,540/month, Seniors $2,670/month
Fall and Spring Connections prorated for part-time 15 hours a week
Summer Connection: June 1, 2022–August 5, 2022 Full-time
Fall Connection: September 6, 2022–November 18, 2022 Part-time
Spring Connection: January 2, 2023–April 14, 2023 Part-time
Dates are subject to change
• Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• Applicants must live within commuting distance of Research Triangle Park, North Carolina area
• Currently enrolled, full-time or part-time in a degree granting program as a junior or senior in an undergraduate STEM major for fall 2022 semester.
• Good academic standing- Have at least 3.0 cumulative GPA and preferably a 3.5+ GPA in STEM courses
• A strong interest or pursuing studies in disciplines related to biomedical research