The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), have teamed up to provide a fellowship opportunity that will enable clinicians from India and the United States of America (USA) to conduct research in areas of infectious diseases and immunology at an exchange laboratory and other approved facilities.
This fellowship is available to clinicians from the USA interested in a hands-on research experience at a Government of India accredited facility in India.
What is the objective of the program?
The objective of the ICMR/NIAID/BMGF Clinical Research Fellowship Exchange Program is to build a collaborative research and training program between India and the USA in an effort to foster the development of researchers in both countries and to advance research that will improve clinical practice and benefit public health in both countries. The focus of this fellowship program is to engage scientists in infectious diseases and immunology research, and to encourage the development of female early-career clinical scientists in India and the USA.
Why should I apply?
As a participant on this exchange program, you will have the opportunity to conduct research at one of the top medical agencies in India and gain a competitive edge in your research career.
During the appointment, you will have an opportunity to:
• Enhance your education and training in infectious disease and immunology research.
• Gain access to cutting-edge research.
• Receive guidance from mentors who will support your research career.
Where will I be located and for how long?
As a participant coming from USA, you will stay up to 3 months in India to conduct research at a Government of India accredited facility in India.
For further information about ICMR, please click: www.icmr.gov.in.
During the duration of the fellowship, you will receive:
• Support in the form of a stipend for living ($3,000 per month), and other expenses as determined by the program sponsors
• Health insurance supplemental stipend
• Roundtrip airfare
• Be a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) or an U.S. Citizen.
• Have completed an M.D., with or without a Ph.D., within the last 15 years.
• Be available to relocate to India for up to three months and conduct research at a Government of India accredited facility.
• Meet clearance requirements to access assigned facility. (Appointments are contingent on receipt of the necessary clearance to access the assigned facility. While participants will not enter an employment relationship with ICMR, this opportunity requires a pre-employment background check).
• Be eligible to obtain an Indian visa.
To learn more and apply visit: www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/ICMR-NIAID-BMGF-2021-0001