The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Office (TTIPO) is seeking motivated applicants with a strong scientific background and excellent communication skills for the NIAID Technology Transfer Fellowship Program (TTFP). Fellows will be mentored by professionals that work side-by-side with world-renowned NIAID and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) scientists and will be part of the team that helps transfer innovations from the lab to commercial products (including vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics) that benefit global public health. The NIAID TTIPO plays a critical role by advancing the development and commercialization of NIAID as well as CDC inventions.
Why should I apply?
Take advantage of this opportunity to learn about the policies and laws that drive technology transfer at NIH and develop skills for a career in technology transfer. The TTFP will prepare Fellows for technology transfer positions within universities, industry, or the government
What will I be doing?
Fellows in the NIAID TTFP will be mentored on how NIAID:
• Reviews inventions reported by NIAID or CDC scientists for potential patenting, licensing, and/or marketing.
• Negotiates confidential disclosure agreements, material transfer agreements, clinical trial agreements, cooperative research and development agreements, and other technology transfer agreements for NIAID.
• Negotiates licenses for NIAID and CDC technologies and monitors licenses for compliance.
• Manages a portfolio of patent applications, issued patents and other forms of intellectual property.
• Promotes collaborations with academia, industry, nonprofits, and government agencies.
Where will I be located?
Due to limited capacity at the facility, remote participation is available. Applicants from all over the USA are encouraged to apply.
• Appointments are typically made for one year and are renewable for a total of three years. Stipend rates are established and non-negotiable. Stipends are reported to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service as fellowship awards however, no federal income taxes will be withheld. Stipends are paid monthly.
1st year stipend rate: $58,980 annually
2nd year stipend rate: $64,800 annually
3rd year stipend rate: $72,000 annually
• Health Insurance Supplement
• A training and travel allowance of $5,000 is established for each participant annually.
For more information and to apply, visit: www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/NIH-NIAID-TTIPO-TTFP-2023