Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM) (www.feem.it) is looking for a qualified and motivated researcher to fill a position in the field of environmental economics and policy. The candidate will join the team working in the area of “Firms and Cities Transition towards Sustainability” (FACTS) a research program aimed at understanding and interpreting the current societal changes in response to the challenges of the energy transition, with a focus on the most prominent actors in this transition: firms and cities.
The research activities of the FACTS program are organized in the following two streams:
• Econometric Analysis of Firms’ Climate Risks: aimed at understanding the impact of climate-related risks, and transition risk in particular, in financial markets by conducting empirical analysis on how several measures of transition risk can influence the economic and financial performance of listed companies in different sectors of economic activity;
• Spatial Modeling & Urban Sustainability: aimed at investigating the interlinks between energy/climate and socioeconomic changes/policies from a spatial perspective through the use of high-resolution gridded data and related methodologies.
More information about the specific activities of each project and more general information about the FACTS research program can be found on the FEEM website. The candidate is expected to work primarily in the field of Spatial Modeling & Urban Sustainability.
FEEM is a leading research institute on sustainable development and offers an invaluable research environment and an interdisciplinary workplace, with diverse skills and international staff. FEEM has strong ties with a worldwide network of research institutions engaged in economic research and provides excellent opportunities to focus on research and disseminate results in international conferences and stakeholders’ events.
The selected applicant will be based in Milan (Italy) and will primarily focus on research projects. The candidate will also be asked to contribute to internal activities and to participate in conferences, workshops, and stakeholders’ event. As part of his/her duties, the candidate will have to finalize the research efforts in scientific articles or similar products (i.e. book chapters, books) and, to a minor extent, in nontechnical products for dissemination like policy briefs.
The job assignment is expected to begin as soon as possible. Gross salary is competitive and will be based on qualification and experience.
The research activities of the Spatial Modeling & Urban Sustainability group are primarily empirical and relate to the spheres of urban and environmental economics and spatial econometrics. To qualify for the position, a background in quantitative economics, as demonstrated by the achievement of a PhD in economics or equivalent years of experience in research is compulsory. Candidates with at least an MSc in economics or econometrics and experience in the subject area related to the job description will also be considered.
The ideal candidate
• is familiar with the advanced empirical approaches to the study of economics;
• has a solid quantitative background in statistics and econometrics, especially in methods for spatial data analysis, typically acquired during advanced postgraduate courses;
• has sufficient command of standard statistical packages like R or Stata;
• is highly committed to developing a research project;
• can work independently.
How to apply
Applicants can submit their application and detailed curriculum vitae here (www.feem-web.it/espsas/jaf.php). Please mention ref: FACTS-SpaModUS.3.2021. in the application.
Deadline for applications
FEEM will begin considering candidates immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your application at your earliest convenience and mention ref: FACTS-SpaModUS.3.2021.