The University of Pittsburgh’s Mechanicsburg Child Welfare Resource Center (Resource Center) is seeking a Research and Evaluation Specialist. The Resource Center provides a continuum of services designed to facilitate and sustain positive change in the child welfare system.
The Research and Evaluation team collaborates with internal and external partners to assess, inform, and improve child welfare processes, products, and practice, incorporating a race equity lens in all aspects. We contribute to the field by conducting applied research, engaging in innovative approaches to linking research and practice, promoting greater use of evidence-informed decision-making, and supporting the child welfare workforce in order to better serve children and families.
The Research and Evaluation Specialist will:
· Initiate, develop, and manage applied research and program evaluation projects
· Provide research, evaluation and data-related support to internal and external stakeholders
· Develop and implement evaluation-related activities including collecting, managing and analyzing data
· Communicate findings through reports and presentations meant to inform stakeholders’ processes and decisions and contribute to the field of child welfare through journal publications and presentations at professional conferences
· Work with the Research Team and other stakeholders to pursue grant and other funding opportunities
· Conduct reviews of relevant literature
The Research and Evaluation Specialist will carry out their job duties in a variety of potential focus areas including:
* Training, including foundational training of new caseworkers and supervisors
* Title IV-E education programs
* Organizational effectiveness/continuous quality improvement strategies
* Family and youth engagement strategies
* Older youth involved with child welfare
* County and statewide workforce development efforts
* County and statewide use of evidence-based programs
* County and statewide implementation of federal/state legislation (e.g., Family First Prevention Services Act)
· Initiatives that arise from Pennsylvania’s participation in the federal Child and Family Services Review (CFSR)
PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check, and FBI Criminal Record Check will be required as a condition of employment.
Candidates who desire consideration for this position MUST apply online.
Candidates must also attach a cover letter, resume, and writing sample. Writing sample can be a full document or excerpt of a document, must be relevant to the position, should not exceed 5 years old, and should be limited to no more than five pages.
Experience working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations preferred. A commitment to achieving equity and inclusion in the child welfare system is a must.
The Child Welfare Resource Center operates in a hybrid work approach where work can be completed remotely, in the Mechanicsburg office, and in the field as necessary and appropriate.
For more information about the Resource Center, visit us at www.pacwrc.pitt.edu.
A Master’s Degree in Psychology, Public Health, Public Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Social Work or closely related field is required and coursework in evaluation preferred. This position requires a minimum of five years of experience in a Program Evaluation role. Child welfare and/or another related human service field experience preferred. Experience working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations is preferred. In addition:
• Candidates must have competency in program evaluation and basic research methodology including evaluation and research designs.
• Candidates must have experience working with databases and Microsoft products. Experience with SPSS is preferred.
• Knowledge, skills and experience related to evaluating the effectiveness of training and transfer of learning, evidence-based practices, interventions for older youth and families, and/or the workforce development strategies are preferred.
• Knowledge of public child welfare practice is preferred.
• Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, writing, collaboration, problem-solving, planning/organizing, and facilitation skills.
Occasional travel is required for this position. A valid driver’s license is required.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: