Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or Designee, the Research Associate performs a variety of complex research experiments.
• Conducts in-depth analysis of research experiments
• Performs complex laboratory experiments
• Interprets data, forms conclusion, and decides on and plans next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
• Compiles and analyzes data and performs computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
• May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
• Assists in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Reviews literature
• Trains new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
• Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
• Complies with all safety and infection control standards
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
• Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise Lab Technicians and Aides
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.