Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI) or designee, the Research Associate I provides operational support to the laboratory. The Research Associate I will perform research experiments as defined by the PI.
• Perform laboratory experiments and may be responsible for a single research project
• Utilize all software relevant to experiment and equipment used
• Interpret data, form conclusions and decide on next steps under the direction of the PI or designee
• Maintain accurate records, may modify protocols with the approval of the PI or designee
• Review literature, publications and grants relevant to assigned projects
• Record results according to established lab, sponsor & university protocol
• Assist with performing data analysis and/or mathematical computations
• Maintain a detailed lab notebook according to lab practice
• Present findings at lab/group meetings
• Monitor laboratory supply levels and order as noted
• Prepare and label buffers, media, solutions, etc.
• Assist with and comply with all safety regulation and infection control standards
• Train on IACUC, IRB, EHS, Radiation safety protocols
• Comply with all applicable state, federal university, and sponsor policies and agreements
• Provide support with identifying problems and challenges, propose resolutions, implement appropriate solutions
• Provide support with drafting standard operation procedures in compliance to EHS regulation specific for the lab
• Perform other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Biological or Natural Science, or equivalent experience
• Basic understanding of lab safety and protocols
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Ability to analyze data in a quantitative and objective manner.
• Ability to work in a team environment
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/pqjdydu5BbNwkIeAwcDyLo