Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI) or designee, the Research Associate I provides operational support to the laboratory. The Research Associate I will perform research experiments as defined by the PI.
– Perform laboratory experiments and may be responsible for a single research project
– Utilize all software relevant to experiment and equipment used
– Interpret data, form conclusions and decide on next steps under the direction of the PI or designee
– Maintain accurate records, may modify protocols with the approval of the PI or designee
– Review literature, publications and grants relevant to assigned projects
– Record results according to established lab, sponsor & university protocol
– Assist with performing data analysis and/or mathematical computations
– Maintain a detailed lab notebook according to lab practice
– Present findings at lab/group meetings
– Monitor laboratory supply levels and order as noted
– Prepare and label buffers, media, solutions, etc.
– Assist with and comply with all safety regulation and infection control standards
– Train on IACUC, IRB, EHS, Radiation safety protocols
– Comply with all applicable state, federal university, and sponsor policies and agreements
– Provide support with identifying problems and challenges, propose resolutions, implement appropriate solutions
– Provide support with drafting standard operation procedures in compliance to EHS regulation specific for the lab
– Perform other duties as required
– Bachelor’s degree in Biological or Natural Science, or equivalent experience
– Basic understanding of lab safety and protocols
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
– Ability to analyze data in a quantitative and objective manner.
– Ability to work in a team environment
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/nXyL1GiGOQDa6smyGTeoVP