Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI) or designee, the Research Associate I provides operational support to the laboratory. The Research Associate I will perform research experiments as defined by the PI.
* Perform laboratory experiments and may be responsible for a single research project
* Utilize all software relevant to experiment and equipment used
* Interpret data, form conclusions and decide on next steps under the direction of the PI or designee
* Maintain accurate records, may modify protocols with the approval of the PI or designee
* Review literature, publications and grants relevant to assigned projects
* Record results according to established lab, sponsor & university protocol
* Assist with performing data analysis and/or mathematical computations
* Maintain a detailed lab notebook according to lab practice
* Present findings at lab/group meetings
* Monitor laboratory supply levels and order as noted
* Prepare and label buffers, media, solutions, etc.
* Assist with and comply with all safety regulation and infection control standards
* Train on IACUC, IRB, EHS, Radiation safety protocols
* Comply with all applicable state, federal university, and sponsor policies and agreements
* Provide support with identifying problems and challenges, propose resolutions, implement appropriate solutions
* Provide support with drafting standard operation procedures in compliance to EHS regulation specific for the lab
* Perform other duties as required
* Bachelor’s degree in Biological or Natural Science, or equivalent experience
* Basic understanding of lab safety and protocols
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Ability to analyze data in a quantitative and objective manner.
* Ability to work in a team environment
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/V8JL4XtkLXZeqHwNEU42aG