Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI) or designee, the Research Associate IV designs and performs a variety of complex research experiments with a high degree of independence. These include experimental gene therapy in mice and molecular genetics experiments in cells in culture. This position will contribute significantly to the management of the research program and will be involved in multiple aspects of the research projects and lab maintenance activities.
– Independently design and perform multiple complex laboratory experiments
– Identify and utilize all software relevant to experiment and equipment used
– Interpret data, form conclusions and decide on next steps with a high degree of independence
– Maintain accurate records, and record results according to established lab, sponsor and University protocol – Review literature, publications and grants relevant to assigned projects
– Record results according to established lab, sponsor & university protocol
– Perform in-depth data analysis and/or mathematical computations
– Maintain a detailed lab notebook according to lab practice
– Compile and analyze data, and present in a format suitable for publication according to PI specifications – Present findings at lab/group meetings and other forums
– Maintain laboratory supply levels and order as noted – Manage laboratory equipment service contracts and coordinate maintenance on laboratory equipment.
– Prepare and label buffers, media, solutions, etc.
– Monitor and enforce all safety regulation and infection control standards
– Identify and write standard operation procedures in compliance to EHS regulation specific for the lab
– Train on IACUC, EHS, Radiation safety protocols
– Comply with all applicable state, federal university, and sponsor policies and agreements
– Manage daily operations of the laboratory, including lab personnel, procedures and projects
– Identify problems and challenges, propose resolutions, implement appropriate solutions
– Develop and implement new protocols and/or modify defined protocols, as necessary, and with the approval of the PI
– Prioritize and perform several tasks or procedures simultaneously with attention to detail
– Perform duties and experiments with independence
– Mentor and train lab personnel on proper lab conduct and techniques
– Manage laboratory spending in accordance with budget guidelines provided by PI or designee
– Assist with budget and/or operational aspects of grant and contract proposals
– Negotiate with vendors to optimize available resources
– Contribute independently to writing sections for manuscripts and grants
– Direct the activities of research support staff
– Perform other duties as required
– Bachelor’s degree in Biological or Natural Science and 5+ years of relevant research experience or a related Master’s degree with 3+ years of relevant research experience.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
– Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
– Ability to work in a team environment
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/JKEjAKTQB4l1lHZYyuYZ4y