GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Lab Tech II performs and interprets routine and highly complex experiments.
This position will support the Tissue Culture & Enzyme Freezer Core Facility. Duties will include assisting with receiving and packaging customer orders, data entry for invoicing, and significant amounts of filing and collating. The Research Lab Tech II is expected to present a courteous, professional manner when dealing with customers.
– Performs a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
– May assist in the training of others
– Provides input to improve current procedures, protocols, and/or methods
– Writes standard operating procedures, schedules work, orders supplies, and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies, reagents, etc.
– Prepares laboratory reagents, buffers, and media
– Records results, organizes data and performs computations
– Performs duties independently; requiring action and judgment to solve commonly encountered problems
– Complies with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position
– Perform other duties as required.
– Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science or equivalent experience
– 1 year of related experience
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
– Ability to perform duties independently
– Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direct supervision of a Principal Investigator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionucleotides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/eoVNbVImElgYwFXZMfnzy7