Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Sr Research Lab Coordinator – Ophthalmology is responsible for specified dry lab research activities in the Macular Degeneration Center of Excellence
– Responsible for overall operations of the lab, freezers
– Maintain the lab and order tanks, freezers, tubes, and order and track supplies as needed.
– Adhere to established lab and biosafety policies.
– Be available for calls as needed if freezer alarms are activated.
– Conduct audits of all samples in freezers
– Learn and understand how to use the study database.
– Document all samples and tissues in the computerized database, in collaboration with other members of the staff
– Perform centrifuging and aliquoting of blood specimens.
– Design methods for efficient operations of the lab component of the center
– Maintain computerized data files and spreadsheets of all samples using Excel.
– Prepare summary reports.
– Conduct quality control checks of work performed.
– Perform other duties as required.
– Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the sciences, health care, or equivalent experience
– Master’s degree in medical, biology, genetics, or equivalent field preferred
– 3+ years of related research/lab experience
– Must have excellent skills in using computer-based tools (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills required; must be a good team player.
– High level of attention to detail and organization, setting priorities, and adhering to timelines.
– Ability to travel to off-site clinic location.
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/YadDpGFPq1rlAHR4Yf7lgb