Our research team conducts an array of studies related to addressing social disparities and perinatal and pediatric care. We work with directly with families with social disadvantage, including families with limited English proficiency, families of minoritized race/ethnicity, and those with low-income. We do an array of clinical and health services research using qualitative and quantitative methods. We do observational and interventional studies. We are seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator I to join our growing, passionate research team and work under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI) or designee. Tasks will involve a large array of procedures involving human subject research. This work includes coordination of regulatory activities and aspects of collection and management of data for research protocols related to treatment, ancillary services, and prevention practices. Our team is seeking a highly motivated individual with an interest in social determinants of health and addressing disparities in healthcare.
– Obtain consent of research participants from English- and Spanish-speaking families in the UMass Memorial Medical Center neonatal intensive care unit in accordance with the IRB approved protocols and all applicable regulations including HIPAA
– Assist with recruiting, screening, enrolling, and terminating study subjects
– Coordinate participant compensation per protocol
– Maintain all regulatory documentation, including local or central IRB and study data. Provide data/support to study Investigators, sponsors and/or external monitors/auditors
– Communicate with multidisciplinary clinical and research team members both within UMass Chan and with external partners
– Identify issues with protocol compliance. Keep principal investigator and manager aware of any issues regarding compliance
– Document and collect data and/or samples for research related procedures performed during participant study visits, including qualitative interviews
– Ensure clinicians and/or PI accurately document their study activities according to protocol
– Track and maintain study enrollment and completion of milestones
– Assist with financial/operational aspects of grant and contracts. Responsible for clinical research billing review within the required timeframe.
– Track and maintain study related information in the data management system within the required timeframe
– Responsible for monitoring the inventory of research related supplies
– Participate in grant preparation, manuscript writing, data presentations and Institutional Review Board (IRB) processes, including multicenter reliance agreements
– Provide detailed written summaries from literature searches and related sources to serve as a resource for the study team and clinicians/PIs
– Present study status reports related to assigned research projects and participate in drafting annual NIH reports
– Participate in the design, development, and documentation of study related data and collection tools, including electronic surveys, chart abstraction forms, and randomization modules
– Translate study documents
– Maintain strict adherence to all study protocols, including all regulatory requirements adhering to appropriate federal, local and institutional guidelines.
– Comply with all safety and infection control standards appropriate to this position
– Adhere with established policies, health and safety regulations and requirements, procedures, and department objectives
– Adhere to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and all human subject protection practices
– Must practice discretion and adhere to school and hospital confidentiality at all times
– Perform other duties as required.
– Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or health related field, or equivalent experience
– 0-1 year of related experience
– Ability to travel off site locations
– Excellent communication skills and cultural competence
– Experience with qualitative interviewing is preferred, but not required
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/bWaXMlU4BxGxlTeAZcwDgL