Orkestra – Basque Institute for Competitiveness is a centre for analysis and debate on territorial competitiveness. It was created in 2006 within the Deusto Foundation at the University of Deusto The Institute is the result of the different strategic, private and public initiatives which converge with the aim of building competitive societies and enterprises as a key condition for prosperity and welfare.
Further information: www.orkestra.deusto.es
RESPONSIBILITIES Development of research projects and preparation of scientific documents on analysis of the Basque economy with a particular focus on collaborating to develop economic and financial databases related to the different territorial levels.
Study of the evolution and key factors of the economic system’s structure and the behaviour of Basque competitiveness, focusing on aspects such as design and assessment of economic policies and their implementation in regional analysis.
Experience in the design of models for the credit rating of business sectors, tracking of the models implemented to ensure that they fulfil their role and preparation of technical documentation on the models (describe those that have been developed, study their follow-up and so on)
Participate in the studies based on cross-cutting and benchmarking analysis, as well as other studies that could be carried out in the Institute’s different areas of knowledge.
In addition to developing key competences in both fields, successful candidates will receive academic research training. Thus, depending on their experience, knowledge and progress, they would take on tasks of greater responsibility in the projects.
Creation of information and documentation required in other areas.
Places available: 1
Location: San Sebastian
REQUIREMENTS • University studies with a strong quantitative background (Mathematics,
• Statistics, Business Administration or Economics) with knowledge of scientific modelling and a good academic record.
• Postgraduate studies (Master’s degree in Accounting and Finances) and PhDs will be taken into account.
• A mastery of quantitative techniques and tools and computing programmes, especially advanced knowledge of computing, programming and statistical software will be highly valued. Practical knowledge of SAS, Stata and R required.
• Experience in statistical or modelling analysis, preferably within the field of credit risk, and also within the economic and technical consulting field (5 years minimum).
• Synthesis, verbal and written communication skills, analysis skills, and a mature logical approach to problem solving.
• Teamwork skills, planning skills and consistency.
• Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Spanish.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Immediate start at the University. The contract will be temporary and linked to a research project or preparation of a postdoctoral degree. The financial conditions will depend on the candidate’s experience and knowledge, ranging from 28.000€ to 36.000€ (gross annual amount + incentives, included).
Salary From 28.000 to 36.000 (gross annual amount + incentives, included)
Job Contact Email dlamiquiz(at)deusto.es
City/Region San Sebastián (Spain)
Application Deadline 2015-Aug-28