GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
A Research Associate position in the laboratory of Dr. Fen-Biao Gao at the Department of Neurology is available to help study frontotemporal dementia using induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). Candidates with strong work ethics and substantial research experiences in molecular cell biology especially stem cell culture and differentiations are encouraged to apply. Candidates with PhD or MD degrees will be considered as well.
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or Designee, the Research Associate performs a variety of complex research experiments.
- Conducts in-depth analysis of research experiments
- Performs complex laboratory experiments
- Interprets data, forms conclusion, and decides on and plans next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
- Compiles and analyzes data and performs computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
- May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
- Assists in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Reviews literature
- Trains new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
- Maintains laboratory supplies and equipment
- Complies with all safety and infection control standards
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
- 1 year relevant research experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise Lab Technicians and Aides
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.