GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Associate I performs a variety of complex research experiments.
• Perform complex laboratory experiments
• Conduct in-depth analysis of research experiments
• Interpret data, form conclusions, and decide on and plan the next experiments to be done with a high degree of independence
• Write standard operating procedures, schedule work, analyze data, maintain accurate records, and write reports
• Compile and analyze data. Perform computations using image analysis software, spreadsheets, graphing, and curve fitting software
• May modify protocols and be responsible for a single, independent research project
• May assist with budget and/or operational aspects of grant and contract proposals
• Assist in writing the text of scientific publications and grants. Review literature
• Train new laboratory personnel, students, and collaborators
• Comply with all safety and infection control standards
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in the Biological Sciences, or equivalent experience
• 3 years of relevant research experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
• Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, or designee
May functionally supervise aides, technicians, and associates
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/Oax1JbsDRkeA1F7OJimdr5