The focus of this position will be human cytomegalovirus in the context of congenital or postnatal infection, but other pathogens may be studied. Key methods applied to human clinical samples will be molecular (e.g. PCR, whole genome sequencing, bulk or single cell RNA sequencing), measurement of proteins (e.g. antibodies and cytokines), and flow cytometry (e.g. T cells or NK cells).
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI) or designee, the Research Associate III performs a variety of research experiments with independence. This position may provide general operational management to the lab and its personnel.
– Perform complex laboratory experiments and may be responsible for one or more independent research projects
– Utilize all software relevant to experiment and equipment used
– Interpret data, form conclusions and decide on next steps with a significant degree of independence while under the direction of the PI or designee
– Maintain accurate records, may modify protocols with the approval of the PI or designee
– Review literature, publications and grants relevant to assigned projects
– Record results according to established lab, sponsor & university protocol
– Perform in-depth data analysis and/or mathematical computations
– Maintain a detailed lab notebook according to lab practice
– Compile and analyze data, and present in a format suitable for publication according to PI specifications
– Present findings at lab/group meetings and other forums
– May oversee laboratory supply levels and order as noted; negotiate with suppliers to optimize available resources
– Monitor laboratory equipment service contracts and monitor maintenance on laboratory equipment
– Prepare and label buffers, media, solutions, etc.
– Assist with and comply with all safety regulation and infection control standards
– Train on IACUC, IRB, EHS, Radiation safety protocols; may write standard operation procedures in compliance to protocols and specific regulations for the lab
– Comply with all applicable state, federal university, and sponsor policies and agreements
– May manage general operations of the laboratory, including lab personnel, procedures and projects
– Identify problems and challenges, propose resolutions, implement appropriate solutions
– May create new protocols and/or modify defined protocols, as necessary, and with the approval of the PI
– Prioritize and perform several tasks or procedures simultaneously with attention to detail
– Perform duties and experiments with independence
– Provide training of new lab personnel
– May monitor laboratory spending in accordance with budgets guidelines provided by PI or designee
– May assist with budget and/or operational aspects of grant and contract funding
– May assist with drafting manuscripts sections
– Perform other duties as required
– Bachelor’s degree in Biological or Natural Science and 3+ years of relevant research experience or a related Master’s degree with 1 year of relevant research experience.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
– Strong ability to analyze complex visual data in a quantitative and objective manner
– Ability to work in a team environment
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/gJNLobHpwko6yIq6YHjG2x