GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Principle Investigator, the Senior Research Scientist performs a variety of complex research experiments laboratory research on topics pertinent to the interests of the research programs of the laboratory.
– Design and implement experiments designed to further ongoing research projects, in consultation with the principal investigator.
– Organize and analyze data acquired in the course of research projects.
– Write manuscripts and grant applications
– Design and implement research projects in the laboratory
– Responsible for data acquisition, data analysis, and presentation of research results.
– Train and supervise junior lab personnel, ensuring staff is trained in current methodology and safety procedures in the laboratory.
– Prepare and present data for publication in public forums.
– Assist in the preparation of grant applications and other research proposals.
– Provide assistance in the general operation of the laboratory.
– Participate regularly in laboratory meetings.
– Stay current with the literature and regularly leads discussions of new reports pertinent to ongoing and proposed projects
– Perform other duties as required.
– Bachelor’s degree in a Biological Science, or equivalent degree
– 7 years of research experience.
– Familiarity with general laboratory procedures.
– Expertise in specific procedures and instrumentation necessary to complete specific research programs.
– Current knowledge of pertinent literature.
– Oral and written communication and presentation skills
– Ability to travel to off-site locations
Under the general direction of the Principle Investigator
Supervises and trains new laboratory personnel and junior members of the laboratory
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionuclides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/MmQ4QGtJqw8drFeZxcrVMq