Med-Computational and Systems Biology – Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh – (22009938)
The Ishihara lab is seeking a Research Technician. The incumbent will be integral to launching and running a new research lab within the Department of Computational and Systems Biology at the University of Pittsburgh. Our lab develops new chemical and genetic methods to engineer 3D morphogenesis of brain and cardiac organoids. The incumbent is required to have general experience in molecular biology (i.e. cloning), mammalian cell culture, and fluorescence microscopy. Experience with pluripotent stem cells and/or programming (e.g. Python) is a significant advantage, but is not required. Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are a must. The incumbent must be a team player.
Techniques that will be used for the research include, but are not limited to:
• Designing and building genetic constructs
• 3D differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells and human iPS cells into organoids
• Establishing transgenic cell lines (e.g. by PiggyBac and Cas9 genome editing)
• Expression analysis by immunofluorescence and RNAseq
• Fluorescence microscopy (e.g. confocal) and image analysis
Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Ordering reagents and laboratory equipment
• Maintaining Laboratory Safety guidelines from the government and the university
• Coordinating research activity, including data generation, quality control analyses, freezer stock organization, and data storage
• Writing, editing, and figure preparation for grants and manuscripts
• Presenting research within and outside university (posters, talks).
Minimum 1 year of experience working with mammalian cell culture. Independence and strong organizational skills are required.
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to championing all aspects of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within our community. This commitment is a fundamental value of the University and is crucial in helping us advance our mission, which includes attracting and retaining diverse workforces. We will continue to create and maintain an environment that allows individuals to discover, belong, contribute, and grow, while honoring the experiences, perspectives, and unique identities of all.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.
The University of Pittsburgh requires all Pitt constituents (employees and students) on all campuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Visit coronavirus.pitt.edu to learn more about this requirement.
Assignment Category Full-time regular
Job Classification Staff.Research.III Non-Exempt
Minimum Education Level Required Baccalaureate
Minimum Experience Level Required 1-2 years experience
Work Schedule Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
Work Arrangement On-Campus: Teams that work on campus, in an office, or in a lab.
Hiring Range $23,868.00 – $37,752.00
Relocation Offered No
Visa Sponsorship Provided No
Background Check For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances Not Applicable
Required Documents Resume, Cover Letter
Optional Documents Not Applicable
Apply Here: www.click2apply.net/bWG2GRH4BEjNBSeAZc75kY